Monday, April 16, 2007

The devil wears Prada ... err... Nappy

The devil wears Prada ... err... Nappy

It has been widely praised in India .. "Kids are the reflection of God on earth". Kids are the purest form of human soul on earth. I was a staunch follower of this school of thought . I used to think of kids as cute pie and sho shweet . I considered kids as small petals of flower who know only to blossom and spread there fragrance. But all that got shattered today. Today, I was exposed to this fragrance from a real close distance. The occasion was My dear sis had to go to office and mom-dad had to visit some relatives. I being the only person at home, was assigned the task of my sweet cute neice who is just 4 months old a totally harmless creature. But wait, she is small but harmless. She can make you run the entire house in a matter of few seconds by just using her sound. Two hours that I spend with her were the most grilling experience of my life. Ma'am is crying , she wants someone to carry her on the shoulders, wants milk bottle, needs some one to keep talking to her , wants her tiny toys in her hand and ofcourse someone making non-sense sounds .. problem is she wants all this at the same time. And if you don't , then u r gone. She has an amazing ability to cry at the peak of her voice to make it sound real painful. When you try to make her drink milk, she will use all her limbs to push the bottle away from her mouth and move her mouth in a non-algorithmic way so that the mouth and the bottle never meet. You really wish you had an extra pair of hands to control her hands and head so that you can make her drink milk. The lady is also an expert in making noises from her mouth and is in most jovial of moods when you show her ,her feeding bottle.
This little devil made me walk for 2 hours with she in my hands jumping,crying , making strange noises and sometimes sleeping . But whenever I tried to place her on her bed, bang.. she is wide awake and the siren blows. And I would be again holding her in my hands wandering in my own house like a directionless ghost. The sweet little angel who seemed to me like a gentle creature is actually a devil in making. I am actually wondering how my sis would be taking care of her when alone at home.

But Jokes apart, I sincerely pray may god bless her. She has her share of problems already which are much more than what she deserves or any kid of her age should have

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the title is very funny :)