Monday, April 18, 2005

Cooking adventures

Hey ,

This blog is entirely dedicated to the cooking (mis)adventures that were undertaken by a group of vellas . In the more recent times, I have taken up to cooking(once used to be considered a rocket science by me).Though not frequent , but slowly I have gained the confidence to prepare small time dishes on my own.
It all started when I came to banglore.At that time my huge knowledge of cooking comprised of preparing Tea and boiling milk.From then on my first encounter was with Maggi(our sunday staple diet or SSD-again ppl from bangl will know).My roommate was shouting on me from behind on what I was doing and the 2 minute noodle seemed to be taking years to cook.Somehow it was ready Regarding taste.. u cant spoil maggi so I was saved.
From then I gained confidence in making maggi and now I am an expert maggi maker :)
Next in line was making sewaiyan kheer .Me and another roomie got hold of .5 liter of milk and boiled with sewaiyan until we were left with just 3 cups of kheer .. that was tasty and thick ( but a lot of hard work and not much result)
We even tried making chappatti .. man the circle is so tough to get right .. I tried atleast 4 times before I got a circle lookalike ... then a better option looked to make pranthas which are square in shape... this way atleast the shape was ok(if not the taste).
Am also experienced in preparing Pakodas .. aaloo,pyaaz , paneer and most recently bread ...
and all were nice to eat ..the only thing is u shud have the urge to make then u can prepare anything and everything (another condition wud be not to eat it if things go wrong)

So the next in line are more complex dishes like Daal,sabji ... dekhte hain how the progress goes
anyways will keep u posted on that as well...

BTW Miyan mushharaaf stil enjoying dawaat at Indian expense.. i am not sure abt 1 thing, why is Indian media giving so much importance to unwanted people.. they shud have learnt a lesson from the there last experience when mussharaf came , slapped eveyone on face and went home like a winner .... alas these TRP hungry news channel can make agenda out of anything (makes me remind of a Hindi movie "Phir bhi dil hai hindustani")

Chalo need to finish off things before I leave
take care

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haan woh sab kaise bhoolega. unhi dino mujhe life main mehsoos hua ki mera promising cooking career aage nahi badd payega...
buddy you'll be happy to hear about the progress i'm making here ;)
They are burning the tax-payers mony over that scoundrel? bahar nikalo usse wahan se!